Isolated DNA from 24 2SN ctenidia samples from Friday’s sampling (#32 – 55). Samples were thawed at RT.
DNA was isolated using the E.Z.N.A. Mollusc Kit (Omega BioTek) according to the manufacturer’s protocol with the following changes:
- Samples were incubated @ 60C for only 1hr, per Steven’s recommendation (an attempt to prevent degradation)
- No optional steps were performed
- Used 300μL of MBL Buffer for all samples (this was more than the recovered volume of aqueous phase from each sample)
- Single elution of 50μL
Samples were stored @ -20C in: Oly gDNA Oly Reciprocal Transplant Final Sampling Box #1.
- Total time (including 1hr incubation): 4.5hrs.
- Short incubation time did not completely digest samples
- Partial tissue digestions led to difficulties in recovering entire aqueous phase, post chloroform treatment